Thursday 27 March 2014

Handmade Harbour Midweek Papercraft Party #30

Howdy bloggers!!

Long time, no hear from!! Its been a difficult few months here, with my shoulder (and hips) giving me some grief. I have missed out on a few Papercraft Parties, but hopefully, with my last cortisone shot in the shoulder done and dusted, things might just improve (it was bad for a few days there, after the shot, but things seem to have settled down now, nearly 2 weeks on). So, on with the post . . .

Our theme this week at Handmade Harbour is "Sunshine, rain or flowers". Well, I didn't have any rain-y or sunshine-y stamps from Handmade Harbour, but I do have a lovely stamp with lots of flowery goodness, #195 "flowers in a frame".

Here is the card I made - I jumped on the "card-in-a-box" bandwagon and made this one...


I printed some papers from Handmade Harbour too: "Ladybug Parade Natural". These papers print out so nicely, and I love how you can resize them to whatever size you like (I shrank mine down a bit to suit the size of the card). 

I printed a few copies of the flowers stamp, and blanked out the word "thanks" on the sentiment so I could write "hello" instead. The flowers are cut out individually and adhered to strips of clear plastic, which gives the illusion that they are standing up all on their own. Groovy, don't you think?


I used the stripey paper for the outside of the box (including the back).


I coloured in the flowers with my Crayola watercolour pencils, but didn't blend them at all - I liked the intense colours and didn't want them muddied or lightened.

There are plenty of tutorials out there for "card in a box" cards. I pinned a few to my "Cardmaking Inspiration" pinterest board (if you want to see, just click on the link up there on the left to get to my pinterest boards).

I hope I have inspired you to pop over to Handmade Harbour and join in with our weekly papercraft party!

Thanks for stopping by.

Take care and ciao for now,
 

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Deanne,

This is off the subject but I did not know how else to contact you. I found an image of a baby in a quilt from a Handmade Harbour: Digital Stamp on Google Images. I would like to use it a story book I am making for a customer about the quilt I am working on for her. The image is perfect as in for one page and I would like to crop it down to the quilt for 2 other pages. I am looking for your permission to use it in this way and wanted to know what you would charge. The booklet will be in a small pocket of the quilt so it can be read to the child each night. I am also contacted Wendy, the maker of the stamp. Thank you for considering this. You do beautiful work.

Jean

mediana said...

Agen Situs Judi Sabung Ayam Online S128 | SV388 | CFT2288 Terlengkap dan Terpercaya
sabung ayam online S128
Promo Sabung Ayam Online Bonus Jackpot 100% 7x Win Beruntun
bonus depo 10% Game Bola Tangkas
bonus referal 7+2% tiap minggu
Komisi rolingan 0.8%
dan masi banyak lagi

Timothee Lambert said...

"I'm grateful for the diverse range of topics covered in this blog. From personal development to technology trends, there's always something new to learn and explore."
Honey Baked Ham Senior Discount

Edvin Berg said...

"The insightful guest interviews featured on this blog provide valuable insights from experts and thought leaders across various fields."
warren james discount